Thursday, July 3, 2014

You've Been Warned!

  Before I begin, I would like to start by saying; "Hey yall!" I know it's been some time since my last post. With the greetings out of the way, I begin!
  Since I've had kids the issue of breastfeeding has become near and dear to me. Breastfeeding is one of the most natural things that occurs in our artificial world today, yet it's become one of the most unaccepted and controversial. Now, I am one for modesty.  I typically don't want anyone other than my husband and baby to see my boobs, but at times it can't be helped. I speak only for myself when I say I'm not a flasher, so you seeing my boob is not on purpose.
  With all of that said, here are some things the general public should know......
1) Breastfeeding is natural and is the main reason why women have breasts.
2) Though you may say it's for the sake of modesty,  covering sucks! Pun intended,  unintended,  whatever. Next time you sit down to a nice, hot meal, put a blanket over your head and tell me how that goes. Babies hate it when they can't breathe and sweat perfusely while they try to eat.
3) Do not by any means think it's okay to stare at, scoff at, pass discouraging words or shun a woman that's feeding her child.
4)(for businesses) Do not ask a breastfeeding mother to leave a public place. If you have done this...... bad! Bad business! I have a rolled up newspaper just for you!
5)(last but most important point) Now I really need everyone to pay attention to this one. If you see me breastfeeding in public and feel the need to tell me how unsettling or uncomfortable it is for YOU to see me breastfeeding you'll get this response. Your face is unsettling and it would do the general public good if you would cover it up! Now, you've been warned!
Though I may joke about public breastfeeding, it's no laughing matter when women have to defend themselves for doing something that's so natural. If you see someone breastfeeding in public,  applaud them, not literally . Support them by not making breastfeeding be a dirty thing. Let's all try to act like understanding adults and stop perpetuating the stigmas about breastfeeding. Also, as I always say, be kind and kindness will find you! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment